Distributed monitoring Unhandled exception: 400: Site connection not initiated

I have setup two sites on Checkmk virtual appliance .i.e. siteA and siteB.
-SiteA (TCP Port 6557) will be used only managing configuration, but does not run any checks.
-Site B (only local) will receive configuration from the config site i.e. SiteA and run the checks, notifications, etc.

Then, I have setup SiteC on another virtual appliance which will also receive configuration from the config site i.e. SiteA and run the checks, notifications, etc.

All sites are running fine. Now, using distributed monitoring I created a new connection on SiteA like this WATO >> Distributed monitoring >> New connection and after click on save. I clicked on login and its successfull but when I check the status connection it says

“Unhandled exception: 400: Site connection not initiated.”
and under activation status, I see this:

Has never been activated

I have not configured siteC yet. Any pointers will be useful ?

Hello Marco,
did you import the ssl certificates from Site B?
It is documented here https://checkmk.de/cms_distributed_monitoring.html#livestatus_tls

You have to click on this litte shield icon:

and then on the thumps icon, to import the certificate.

regards
Christian

Hi Christian,

I am not using SSL at the moment as I wanted to test how this works. Also, the virtual appliance has been configured as HTTP(by default).
When I click on the shield icon, I see the below message:
The livestatus connection to this site configured not to be encrypted.

Ah okay, sorry.
Did you try to login directly to your Slave Site? Maybe there is an activation pending, or something like this?

I logged into the slave site as per your advise and do not see anything to be activated. The slave site is a fresh site. So no configuration has been done here.

So the slave site i.e. siteB has been setup like this in virtual appliance:

And siteA has been setup like this:

Am I doing anything wrong here?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.