Distributed monitoring with 2 main instances

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions about distributed monitoring, but first let me explain the situation.

I’ve got my main internal instance and my second instance in my cloud. The main internal instance should receive any data from the cloud instance.

I have a remote instance 1 for customer A, and my cloud instance connects to the remote instance 1 of customer A to configure and monitor it.

How can I now receive the data from remote instance 1 in my main internal instance without livedump or cmcdump?

I tried using “Use Livestatus Proxy Daemon” and “Allow acces via TCP 6560” from cloud instance to remote instance 1. In the main intern instance changing connection to cloud instance from tcp port xxx to tcp 6560 but the remote instance 1 data isnt being displayed in my main intern instance.

There’s no way to directly connect the main internal instance with the remote instance 1 of customer A, except with a site-to-site tunnel, but it’s not welcomed.

Thank you for any help!

best regards,
Niklas

Hi.

You can only connect from the cloud to the remote site if you can established a connection over a TCP socket. If you are not able to use a s-2-s VPN, you need to use the Live or CMC Dump.

Rg, Christian

Hello Christian,

thank you for your comment.

We have a connection established from the cloud instance to the remote site, just not from the central instance.
Cloud instance —TCP 6557, Live daemon 6560— remote instance 1 (customer a) ✓
Central instance —TCP 6558 — Cloud instance ✓ OR
Central instance —TCP 6560 — Cloud instance ✓

That works but i cant get the services/checks/etc from remote1 to appear in the central instance.

best regards,
Niklas

what do you want to archive here? If you have two separate instances of checkmk that have no connection to each other the live status proxy will not help you. You need distributed monitoring, WATO and other things to add your hosts from the remote instance 1 to your main internal site.

What connectivity do you have from your internal site to your cloud instance? VPN? Direct Connect?

Hello Anders,

my internal site it directly (no vpn etc) connected to my cloud and there is a distributed monitoring connection that uses livestatus proxy daemon.
My internal site is not connected to remote site 1 (customer a).
Remote site 1 (customer a) is a satellite in their network and it is connected to my cloud via s-2-s vpn and there is a distributed monitoring connection that uses livestatus proxy daemon.

My internal site receives any data that is directly monitored by my cloud site but not the data between the distributed monitoring connection of the cloud site and remote site 1 (customer a).

The data of Remote Site 1 (Customer A) is currently only visible on the cloud site, which shouldn’t be the case. That data needs to be in my internal site. My goal is to have a “central” site that gathers all the cloud customer and non-cloud customer data.

To make it easier to understand: I want to use the cloud site as a proxy to deliver the data to my internal site, while also being able to manage Remote Site 1 (Customer A) from either the cloud site OR from my internal site.

I’m sorry if its confusing but english isn’t my mother tongue. :sweat_smile:

best regards,
Niklas

Small update after 2 weeks:
The remote satellite in my customers network which is monitoring their network (Work station 1,printer …)is connected via distributed monitoring to my cloud satellite and on the web ui of my cloud satellite i am able to see any data received of the remote satellite in my cusomters network.

My central site that is also connected to my cloud satellite via distributed monitoring is not able to display the customer remote satellites data.

Is there no way that i can use my cloud satellite as a proxy to forward the customer received data to my central site?

Best regards