Docker Monitoring - OCI runtime exec failed

CMK version: 2.0.0
OS version: Debian 11 Bullseye

Error message: OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: unable to start container process: exec: "check_mk_agent": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown

Hello, i have a checkmk agent installed on my debian 11, in which a docker-compose.yml runs a phpmyadmin and mysql container. The mk_docker.py plugin successfully gets executed when putting out check_mk_agent in the terminal, however,it cannot get into docker containers as of following error message

"OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: unable to start container process: exec: "check_mk_agent": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown"

The checkmk unknown error looks like this: "Plugin exception in MKDockerClient.__init__: Error while fetching server API version: ('Connection aborted.', PermissionError(13, 'Permission denied'))"

I googled for hours and did not find a correct solution that fits to checkmk. What is the reason and is the docker functionality even fully working in this version?

You can ignore this massage if there is no agent inside the docker container itself. Most times this is not the case.

I’m also getting these messages on 2.1.0p8.
They spam my docker node’s journal, making it hard to see actual problems.
Is it possible to prevent check_mk from trying to run an agent inside the containers?

Docker version: 20.10.15
Ubuntu 22.04

I figured it out myself:
/etc/check_mk/docker.cfg => add “docker_container_agent” to skip_sections

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.