Documentation or Process for Downtime

Hello CheckMK community,

Happy Friday, hope everything is doing well, just wanted to see if anyone has a tech bulletin or procedure for how they put their hosts in downtime.

Last week I had some planned outage work and put the selected hosts in downtime, but still received alerts for them when they went critical being the VMs were offline, but strangely enough, they came up as “Host_Name Downtime Start (Crit)” even though it shouldn’t be sending notifications.

My best guess would be probably just turning off notifications on top of putting the hosts in downtime, but any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Justin

Hi,

You have to edit your notification settings. You probably have Downtimes selected for sending notifications.

BR
Flo

3 Likes

Exactly what I was looking for, Thanks Flo! I can confirm my downtime is still in there, so adjusting this resolved my issue after testing with one of my sim lab servers.

1 Like

Hi Justin,

I am glad I could help you

BR
Flo

1 Like

Looks like I spoke to soon, just for my own reference where in the notification rules would you exclude the downtime from sending alerts through, I’d imagine something around the condition settings under the rule?

nevermind I think I found it, just to confirm it would be this one?

Match Event Host Type > Start or End of a scheduled downtime

1 Like

Yeah that’s the correct one.
We also disabled Acknowledgement of problem and Start or end of flapping state.

2 Likes

Thanks again Flo, your the best! =)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.