Downtimes for parent/ child

Hello

i have problem with downtimes. In my company we have separate admins for distro and access layer so i created 2 contact groups for them. In check_mk they see only their devices. Access devices are children for distro but when my distro admin schedules downtimes and also check these options :
Also set downtime on child hosts / Do this recursively noting happens for access devices. Is there some workaround for this except that i as admin will schedule it?

Best regards

Well this is a “works as designed” scenario over here. You do not want people running commands on hosts they are not allowed to access. You would either need to do it yourself or appoint a “supervisor” contact group, that can see both types of hosts and plan the downtimes.

Apart from that organizational approach you can also have a look at our REST API, which might give you the opportunity to find a good solution to your use case.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.