Enable/disable notifications for services rule not working as expected

Hello,

I tried to disable a service notification globally with the Enable/disable notifications for services rule but it isn’t working as expected. It sends out mails…

For example one of these services is called Sophos Message Router (there are a lot more like Sophos XY) so I tried the following rule:

I also tried to use ~Sophos* or ~Sophos. But without success…

The notification rule for these hosts are matching. But as of my understanding these messages shouldn’t be send because of the rule mentioned above.

Am I’m wrong with this assumption?

Regards
CheckMan

Hi.
For 1.6.0 we have a similar rule as shown in your screenshot.
Do you see the icon “Notifications are disabled for this service” to prove the rule is active?
grafik

No there is no sign for the disabled service…

Well, not sure but also in 2.0.0 I’d expected such an icon indicating that these services are monitored but do not send alarm notifications. Maybe have a try using a rule with explicit service on a given host to verify you can see the icon / test if alarms are not sent in case of no-ok-state? Otherwise … a bug?

Just tried this idea. But also there is no such crossed out speaker…

The host based rule is working (Host name matches one of regex MYHOST* or MYHOST2*). But I only want to disable a few services not all services of a host.

Btw. we are also using 1.6.0 (p24).

Hello,

can you try the regex as follows:
Sophos.*
This should match every service that starts with “Sophos”.
I also think you don’t need the ~ at the beginning of the Service regex, I’m pretty sure you only need that if you need a regex for specifying hosts.

You could also try the following: In the Service view click on the hamburger-menu for the service and go to “Parameters for this service”. In this view search for “Enable/disable notifications for services” and click on that link. Then you can add a new rule via “Create Service specific rule for” where the service and host are already predefined. That would be only for one service, however you can see if that rule applies or if there is a general problem with the rule processing.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Lorenz

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. Got it working that way!

Solution:
The term “Service” needs to be placed in front of the string… So the service pattern musst be Service Sophos*

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.