Error creating user when deploying docker container

Debian 10 Linode
Checkmk 2.1

### CREATING SITE 'cmk'
Error creating site user.

Using the run command on the website this is all I get in the logs. Im not sure what else to do. I have tried changing v- monitoring to an actual path where my other appdata sits but no change.

Here is the run command im using

docker container run -dit -p 8080:5000 --tmpfs /opt/omd/sites/mysite/tmp:uid=1000,gid=1000 -v monitoring:/omd/sites --name checkmk -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --restart always checkmk/check-mk-raw:2.1.0-latest

Hi @mkono87

you are missing at least the agent receiver port and the tmpfs path seems wrong with using “mysite”, seems like you are using an outdatet documentation or command.
Try it like this :

docker container run -dit -p 8080:5000 -p 8000:8000 --tmpfs /opt/omd/sites/cmk/tmp:uid=1000,gid=1000 -v monitoring:/omd/sites --name monitoring -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --restart always checkmk/check-mk-raw:2.1.0-latest

@aeckstein
I am using what is on the the website for docker raw in which the 8000 port is not included. Download Checkmk for free | Checkmk.

Is it fine to change the 8000 host port to something else? I already have it allocated to something else.

Edit: No change still same error. I tried it locally in a ubuntu vm with docker and it worked without issue so Im not sure whats preventing checkmk to create a user on my linode instance.

1 Like

Hi,
this is the latest command from the documentation and it works without problems in my docker installation :

docker container run -dit -p 8080:5000 -p 8000:8000 --tmpfs /opt/omd/sites/cmk/tmp:uid=1000,gid=1000 -v monitoring:/omd/sites --name monitoring -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --restart always checkmk/check-mk-raw:2.1.0-latest

I think you can use another port as 8000, but you need to specify that port when you are registering your agents to use the tls encryption.

Yep as I mentioned it worked when I tried it on local vm and it worked fine. Im not sure what the heck to troubleshoot and seems like there is no other free support than here. Looks like im going to have to move on to something else :frowning:

https://asciinema.org/a/Pp2b5WxBuvemLXE80B3thbr89

Hi did you resolve this ? i have the same issue on Debian 9 with Docker 19.03 ?

CREATING SITE ‘cmk’

CREATING SITE ‘cmk’

CREATING SITE ‘cmk’

CREATING SITE ‘cmk’

CREATING SITE ‘cmk’

Hi all

We are facing the same issues on RHEL 7.9 using anything newer than 2.1.0p15.
Our guess is an incompatibility with werk 14918 (Change base image of docker container).
(I got the same image running on a Debian 11 host, so the images itself seem to be okay).

You may try your commands using 2.1.0p15 as tag, instead of 2.1.0-latest.
In case this works, it is most probably because of the aforementioned change.

We are still troubleshooting this issue at our company. In case we find a solution, I will update this topic.

Kind regards

One workaround is to start the containers in privileged mode using --privileged as flag during docker run. This is not a solution for production, though.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.