Error when setting up notifications for BI aggregation

CMK version: 2.0.0p19 (CEE)

Error message:[special_bi] Agent exited with code 1: too many values to unpack (expected 2)

Hello, I’m trying to setup a notification for a BI aggregation and from what I understand a service should be created after creating a rule in Setup > Agents > Other Integrations > BI Aggregations

• After creating the rule I noticed a warning under the host for the main site with an error stating that the automation user secret could not be found.
  • After updating from 2.0.0p16 to 2.0.0p19 the error about the missing secret disappeared and I now have the error listed in this posting
  • In the documentation it said the automation user was supposed too exist by default but it didn’t
  • I’ve created the automation user and tested with curl, it seems to be working correctly
  • I found the post below with a similar error message.
  • My suspicion is that I’ve missed something in the docs or setup something wrong, but I’m hoping someone can help. Please let me know if there’s any details missing that you need.

Cheers,
Curtis

Hi @curtisbowden,

could you please share your special agent rule with us?

Best regards
Anastasios

Hi @athomaidis,

Thank’s for looking, Yes I suppose that would be helpful!

This screenshot shows the rule, however I’ve tried without explicitly specifying the host, and without specifying the aggregation assignment.

For reference, I’m following this documentation, section 12

Cheers,
Curtis

Hi @curtisbowden,

thanks for reporting this. After checking this out, we have already an internal case for that.
The one and only Workaround at the moment: Don’t use the Assignment Option :slight_smile:

BR
Anastasios

Thanks Anastasios,

I’m glad there’s an internal ticket, that will be helpful when a patch is created. I’ve tried this without the assignment option and still, I don’t see any services created that I can use to create notifications… Perhaps I misunderstand what is supposed to happen, or need to use ‘Check state of BI aggregation’ instead? The documentation suggests that this is the preferred method, but I’m open to try other types of rules as long as I can create a notification for a BI aggregation

Cheers,
Curtis

Hi,
this is an example of my working configuration:

Hi @athomaidis, thanks for the example… I copied your example as a test, but still don’t see any services created… I wonder if there’s a global configuration or a configuration on the checkmk service that I’m missing

Hi again @athomaidis, I changed localhost to the hostname of the server (chkmk01) and I now see discovered services “BI Datasource Connection” and “Aggr Infrastructure” as services belonging to chkmk01… but for some reason they’re stuck in the PEND state… thoughts?

Hi Anastasios,

do you know when the patch will be released for this issue?

Many Thanks.

Hi there,
please check out the p21. This should be solved already.

BR
Anastasios

Hi @athomaidis,

Thanks for the suggestion. We updated to p21 and have now tried p22… but still unable to make this work.

Cheers,
Curtis

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.