Execution time of plugin(s) called by checkmk agent

Hi community,

does anyone of you know about a simple way to get the execution time of a plugin that is called by the checkmk agent - or even of all plugins if the agent is calling more than one?

So far I couldn’t see such a functionality in any plugin code and I wonder if this was not requested up to now with some plugins taking longer to query than others - I think in several cases it might be useful to know and visualize the total execution time of the checkmk agent by splitting into agent and its called plugin(s).

Is there a way of configuration to add this information within the service graph for “s: Check_MK$” by standard? Or how do you deal with this question? - THX!

The only way to get these values is from the agent log file.
There you find in milliseconds the runtime of every plugin.
In a normal setup all the execution of the plugins on Windows should be set to asynchronous execution and with this setting should not have impact to the agent runtime by itself.

1 Like

THX - so I guess you are talking about $MK_VARDIR for data location of the checkmk agent on the target system and as the default path for the agent log file?

Unfortunately, I could not find any log DIR nor log FILE there.
Some plugins seem to substitute that path - but also there I got no goal…

if [ ! “$MK_VARDIR” ]; then
export MK_VARDIR=$MK_CONFDIR
fi

Where’s my mistake then?

It’s only existing on the Windows agent. Sorry if this was a little bit confusing.

Ah ok, good to know - so there’s no counterpart within the linux agent? Striking… :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.