Export chart data to excel

Hello,

Is there any way to export the data from the charts to be treated in an excel?

Thanks

Hi @a3093,

you could use the export to json directly on the GUI but need some voodoo to convert this to a more excel appropriated format.

Otherwise your could use the rrdtool on the command line which supports a wider range of formats to export your data to.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, as @tosch already gave a good answer: What is your use case @a3093?

1 Like

@tosch There is actually no magic needed.

Excel offers the “Get & Transform” tools under “Data” and here you can quickly build and importer for a json file. The best thing about this is, that once you have this importer in place you can simply replace the json file at any given time and re-import it with the click of the refresh button.

It is way more convenient the re-importing files in the non-standard csv-format.

P.S.: I cannot stress this enough: The is no agreed-upon csv standard and that would make it very difficult to offer a csv export that satisfies all users’ needs.

5 Likes

Never realized this, maybe because i try to avoid M$ products :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @tosch, @robin.gierse and @sebkir

@tosch , I don’t see the option to export as json. Is it an option only for CEE?

@robin.gierse, I would like to export the data to excel to draw a trend line.

Yes, this option is only present in the Checkmk Enterprise Edition (or Free Edition).

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. We have a forecast graph feature in the enterprise edition (and the free edition), but that will not help you here I guess.

Thank you very much @robin.gierse .

This information is helpful as I am trying to talk to my company about migrating to CEE. I hope that is soon.

Greetings

Ah, alright, then my hint actually helped. :slight_smile:
Good luck convincing your superiors, fingers crossed. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.