Exporting dashboard as pdf

Hi,

Is it possible to export the dashboard in pdf format or can it be added to report?

Thank you,

Hi @ETSystems,

no, it’s currently not possible to export a dashboard to a PDF report in Checkmk.

Currently there are the following content options:

• A Multisite view
  • Availability table
  • Combined graph
  • Custom Graph
  • Embedded image
  • Forecast Graph
  • Graph collection
  • Heading
  • Host report for multiple hosts
  • Metrics graph of a single service
  • Multiple graphs
  • Page break
  • Paragraph of text
  • Service report for multiple services
  • Table of available text macros
  • Table of Contents (only active in frontmatter templates)
  • Vertical space

Regards
Norm

1 Like

@Norm , Thank you for the clarification.
One more doubt,
Is there any possibility to show host/service availability in pie chart while generating a report?

Thank you

Hello @ETSystems,

a pie chart is currently not possible. If you think it would be a good addition to Checkmk you could use the feature portal to hand in a feature request. → features.checkmk.com

I just checked the feature portal and there is already a feature request for a pie chart. → Graphical representation of host and service summary in reports - Checkmk

Regards
Norm

@Norm Thank you.
Is there any other possible way to represent the availability of hosts and services in Checkmk report other than bar chart? Bar chart is not that useful.

Hi @ETSystems,

you can use the Timeline Availability to display outages. Other than that there is the availability table to present the availability of hosts.
Example:

FYI:
If you really want or need other methods to display data in Checkmk reports you could develop something yourself. Like a little program or script that gets the data from the API or a Livestatus Query. You could then call your program/script via a cronjob and put the diagram output image into /omd/sites/SITENAME/local/share/check_mk/reporting/images. Supported formats: png, jpg, jpeg
Yes this means you have to put in some serious work in but it’s possible and no I don’t have a ready program or script. I just want to show you that it is technically possible. :grinning:

Regards
Norm

that’s cool!! I will check that.
Thank you for the suggestion.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.