Failed checkmk update to 2.2.0p5.cre

Hello,

I tried to update my monitoring instance from 1.29 to 2.2.0p5.cre and now the system is not working anymore.

I got this errors when starting:

When I want to open the monitoring page I get the following error:
# Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

Can anyone help me to fix this?
Thank you!! :pray:

1 Like

Would you mind showing us what your /etc/fstab looks like? It seems there is something wrong in there

of course here it is:

Iā€™m guessing there should be a line break after ā€œ0 0ā€ before the word ā€œtmpfsā€ on line 12

Sadly itā€™s a screenshot and not text, so I canā€™t be more specific

Here in text form:

# /etc/fstab: static file system information. 
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
# / was on /dev/sda1 during installation
UUID=b89b6534-3a8c-45ec-86e3-959f1f0eb33f /               ext4    errors=remount-ro 0 $
# swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
UUID=8b8575cb-b598-46a9-834f-f9ca3375e275 none swap sw 0 0 /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0
udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0 tmpfs /opt/omd/sites/srvmon/tmp tmpfs
noauto,user,mode=755,uid=srvmon,gid=srvmon 0 0

tmpfs  /opt/omd/sites/backup_srvmon/tmp tmpfs noauto,user,mode=755,uid=backup_srvmon,g$

Adjusted the code and made a break after 0 0 before tmpfs on line 12 but get the same error like before.

This is the alert I get now:

Please remove the empty line.

Tried but it was not the solution, thanks anyway!

In the meantime I checked the update.log and there I think could be the reason why the instance is not working, here some code:

exec(f.read(), globalvars) 
-|   File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
-| NameError: name 'socket' is not defined
-|  02/04 UI extensions...
-| Failed to load plugin /omd/sites/srvmon/local/share/check_mk/web/plugins/wato/mstea$
-| Traceback (most recent call last):
-|   File "/omd/sites/srvmon/lib/python3/cmk/gui/utils/__init__.py", line 66, in load_$
-|     exec(f.read(), globalvars)
-|   File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
-| NameError: name 'socket' is not defined
-| Incompatible file 'msteams' of extension package 'MSTeams 1.5'
-| Error: name 'socket' is not defined
-|
-| You can abort the update process (A) or disable the extension package (d) and conti$
-| Abort the update process? [A/d]
-| Disabled extension package: MSTeams 1.5
-|  03/04 Agent based plugins...
-|  04/04 Deprecated .mk configuration of plugins...
-| Error in plugin file /omd/sites/srvmon/local/share/check_mk/checks/fjdarye153_cadap$
-| Error in plugin file /omd/sites/srvmon/local/share/check_mk/checks/fjdarye153_cmods$
-| Error in plugin file /omd/sites/srvmon/local/share/check_mk/checks/fjdarye153_cmods$
-| Error in plugin file /omd/sites/srvmon/local/share/check_mk/checks/fjdarye153_conen$

You have installed some checks for Fujitsu and a MS Teams MKP that are not compatible with checkmk 2.2 any more.
Please remove the installed mkp and checks that are mentioned in the errors message in ~/local/share/check_mk/checks

1 Like

Thank you for this hint! I deleted the fujitsu checks and the old teams plugin.

I tried to restart de appliance but I get the same error like in the screenshot above (operation permitted for root only, tmpfs performance degraded but tmpfs = on )

Any other hint?
Thank you!

I have see itā€™s the same alert like in this article but there unfortunally is not written how it was solved:

I run this command: cmk-update-config -v and now the appliance is starting properly again.

Thank you all for your help :blush:

2 Likes