Fake check results notification

Hi all,

I have Check in Time Period( Out of notification period ) and I want create Fake check results is that possible ?

Any idea how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Neeloj

I’d love to see a “test time” value added as well. Time period testing… it’s a thing.

1 Like

Why not creating a dummy service that you can play with states ?

1 Like

It’s a convenience thing. Checkmk already provides mechanisms for testing for notifications. Just needs to add a “time” element.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer @cjcox, that with time is good idea… but how can I add time there:

or do you mean add time by Schedule downtimes or time period?

thanks @tavanez thats new for me that I can create dummy service… I’ll search for it in google… would be nice if you have more informations…

I use version 1.5.0

Sorry about the confusion. I was pointing out that Checkmk (developers) should looking into adding a “time” feature into things like Fake check results and notification testing (including event console).

1 Like

thats very good idea :+1: you are right, and as we see its fake check results, its good if they add the time there too…

do you mean ./lib/nagios/plugins/check_dummy this one ? if yes how can I use it ?

Hi @cjcox,

I wouldn’t say a convenience thing, it allows you to test real checks in a development host avoiding rules and sometimes obscure parameters you might have on the prod host, I’ve seen too much lol :smiley:

@neeloj,

What I usually have is a local check running on the monitoring server or on a development/test server outputting a static message with ok/warn/crit , whatever I want and I change it based on my needs.

This static message is often replaced with real outputs from devices I also have a small flask API that reads files, Json, xml that way I can emulate basically every equipment and develop checks safely.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer @tavanez… I’ll test that on production server… I add email address for user, so I want to test that… Now I have to wait until the time period… and with fake check results + time will be very helpful.

and as you said development host are not always like prod server for rules/parameters etc.

Ill test your suggestion :+1:

1 Like

It will suit you for a lot of things you’ll see… just create one in critical state and let it stay for how long you need, then change the output to ok.

@tavanez, I was not being clear. My point is that there are many simulation tests in checkmk without having to do a fake service. My point is that when creating a simulated event, it would be nice if the event could include a time parameter so then when inspecting which rules would be triggered you could see ones that are time period based.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.