Features needed

Hello,

I’m interested in the checkmk raw edition (the open source edition). I understand that the solution provides hardware monitoring and Operating System monitoring.
I wanted to know if the checkmk raw editionalso offers monitoring for the following elements:

Web Applications (internal IS and SaaS IS) (Access time to the service, definition of business actions, transactional errors, response time, incidents on plugins, etc.)
Software installed on workstations (examples: Loading time, errors, CPU and memory usage. For the Office suite, a more detailed view (email opening time, waiting time for sending, opening time for encrypted emails, opening time for the calendar, opening time for Teams, display time for Teams, etc.)
Antivirus, EDR (examples: Impact of the process on equipment load)
Filers (examples: Network drives, OneDrive)
Equipment startup (Example: including details up to the end of session loading as well as user-initiated shutdowns “button”)
I wanted to know if the checkmk raw edition also offers a push system for information and user feedback, meaning via pop-up or toast integrated into the agent for launching targeted user feedback campaigns or for pushing in case of application incident on a particular user profile.

Thank you.

@ahmed99

welcome to the forum!

I think you’re looking for something pretty different from Checkmk, sounds more like a mix between an APM and RMM solution.

Web Applications (internal IS and SaaS IS) (Access time to the service, definition of business actions, transactional errors, response time, incidents on plugins, etc.)

Not really. There may be a few things you could cobble together by using Checkmk + RobotMK + Robot Framework.

Software installed on workstations (examples: Loading time, errors, CPU and memory usage. For the Office suite, a more detailed view (email opening time, waiting time for sending, opening time for encrypted emails, opening time for the calendar, opening time for Teams, display time for Teams, etc.)

No. Checkmk is not built to monitor end user devices (even if some people use it for that). And it certainly is not built to monitor end user applications at this level of detail

Antivirus, EDR (examples: Impact of the process on equipment load)

Checkmk can look for the process, and monitor if it is there or not, and probably also some performance metrics

Filers (examples: Network drives, OneDrive)

Yes

Equipment startup (Example: including details up to the end of session loading as well as user-initiated shutdowns “button”)

No

I wanted to know if the checkmk raw edition also offers a push system for information and user feedback, meaning via pop-up or toast integrated into the agent for launching targeted user feedback campaigns or for pushing in case of application incident on a particular user profile.

No

5 Likes