Fetcher/checker helper vs generic helper

Hi,

I think I understood the concept of fetcher and checker helpers, but what are the generic helpers and where do I set the amount? In the settings I can set the maximum concurrent fetcher/checker helpers, but where do I set the generic helpers?
I might need to increase them, since I get peaks that are being notified.

BR
Benjamin

1 Like

I am also wondering about this. One of our nodes has constantly 100% generic helper usage. Changing the fetcher/checker settings does nothing, understandably.

I think the wording is not always consistent, but fetcher/checker are the check_mk helpers, and the generic helper is responsible for executing classical active checks (i.e. check_http etc) - see Special characteristics of the CMC

2 Likes

Hi gstolz,
thanks for pointing me in the right direction here! I edited the active checks setting and can confirm that it’s now no longer at 100%, in fact it dropped to 25% after changing the value from 5 to 20. We’ll add more hosts and check which value fits best.

This is the point in the monitoring node global setting, if you are wondering benjamin:
grafik

Hi,

thanks for the insight. I will give it a try.

BR
Benjamin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.