Filehandler for openfiles in Windows and Disk Queue

Hey guys
I’m looking for two checks/plugins: Filehandler for “Openfiles” under Windows and the disk queue (Windows resource monitor).

Or is it possible to integrate both with the Windows counters? For disk queue I found this:
198=Current Disk Queue Length

But in my CheckMK CRE I can’t find “Windows Performance-Counter objects”.

Thx and greetz
Ovrld

HI Ovrid,

you can try to add the winperf counter in check_mk.user.yaml. There is a section winperf with subsection counter where you can add the counters you need.

Cheers,
Christian

1 Like

Thank you for you reply - I saw that the “disk queue” is already integrated in CheckMK under Disk IO SUMMARY.

Does anybody has a solution/plugin for the openfiles in Windows?

I found this one:

[PerfStrings_009]
360=Files Opened Total
361=The number of successful open attempts performed by the server of behalf of clients.  Useful in determining the amount of file I/O, determining overhead for path-based operations, and for determining the effectiveness of open locks.
362=Files Open
363=The number of files currently opened in the server.  Indicates current server activity.

I don’t know if it’s the right one - but how can I address it? There’s no “First” or “Last Counter” and I tried like this:

360: Files Opened Total
362: Files Open

Nothing happened.

Here are some hints:

360=Files Opened Total
361=The number of successful open attempts performed by the server of behalf of clients. Useful in determining the amount of file I/O, determining overhead for path-based operations, and for determining the effectiveness of open locks.
362=Files Open
363=The number of files currently opened in the server. Indicates current server activity.
365=The number of sessions currently active in the server. Indicates current server activity.

Sure - I did it already with my Exchange Counters. But for 360 I can’t find anything with this where the number is smaller than <1xxx (for 360-365)

"where id is OS counter and name is part of CHECK_MK Header "

How can I find out the Header?
360=Files Opened Total
362=Files Open

I tried several things but nothing worked.

Something new here? Nobody is having this as a performance counter?