From file based storage to mysql database?

Our company uses checkmk community edition and well during installation we chose the file based database over mysql database. Dont ask why. I really dont know. But is there any sort of way to export our current configuration and hosts and import them to mysql based checkmk? Because we are currently facing issues with speed, etc. Server wich runs it has alot of juice so that isnt the problem (overpowered). So um yeah hopefully someone can say something about this :slight_smile:

Hi.
I think you need to devolp your own solution here. The best way is to use the RestAPI for this tasks.
With 2.2 you will be able to configure the whole checkmk.
Rg, Christian

AFAIK no Checkmk edition uses a database for storing configuration data. Do you have any links to documentation about that?

2 Likes

Hi,

sorry i meant the rrd files or whatever was them called. I have heard that its possible to use like mysql instead of the rrd files is it right or have i understood someting wrong :smiley: Sorry im not that experienced user in checkmk. Thank you for reply.

RRDs are perfectly fine to store metrics. This database format was invented to store metrics over a long amount of time.

A MySQL database is not suitable to store these metrics.

in the enterprise edition you have the feature to forward the metrics to an InfluxDB or Graphite.

3 Likes

Alright thanks. This is enough information :slight_smile: