Gafana plugin version 3.1.1

Hi all,
Today I installed on my grafana version “Grafana v8.1.2” the checkmk tribe-29-checkmk-datasource-3.1.zip plugin. I have a checkmk version 2.2.0p8
When I try to set the variable ‘host in group’ as a filter, I display the values I have set but the field remains empty

or this error appears:
TypeError: Cannot assign to read only property ‘filter’ of object ‘#’

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Vins

I have been working on the Grafana plugin 3.x article the last two weeks, so I will take a look. Which Checkmk edition are you using? Raw or one of the commercial editions?

I just tested it with grafana 8.5.27, and this seems to be a bug. But version 9.5.13 of grafana does not show this problem, so it seems to be version 8 of grafana which causes the troubles. Is it possible for you to update grafana?

I tried to find an official document describing which version of grafana receives maintenance, and which are end of life, but I could not find anything. But there is a hint in the documentation of the tool we use to set up our plugin: Get started | Grafana Plugin Tools

We generally recommend that you build for a version of Grafana later than v9.0.

So unfortunately our current stack (how we build the grafana plugin) only supports version 9 of grafana. I will update the README.md of the github project to reflect this.

Hi BenediktSeidl, mschlenker,
Thanks for the support. I tried using graphana 9 and now I see the values prensent in the ‘host in group’ filter. However, when I select them, it gives me the list of hosts present in the group and not the name of the group. Can you tell me why?

Thanks and BR,
Vincenzo

This is the way the plugin is intended to work. You (currently) can not query for host groups.
In the query you selected “Host” for “Object type to query”, so you will receive hosts. Currently, only “Host”, “Service” and “Site” are implemented for the types to query.
If you would like to see this implemented, please open an issue on our github project, so we can see what other customers think about it: GitHub - Checkmk/grafana-checkmk-datasource: CheckMK data source for Grafana
We are currently trying to get back to work on this plugin and will fix many small bugs and inconveniences, but it will probably take quite some time to implement this feature.