Generate Alert if Process is running in a specific Time Range

Servus,

I am doing some testing with checkmk to maybe migrate the Monitoring from another Tool currently used.

It really works well so far, but now i came to a request where i am a bit suck.

I need a Solution to Monitor a process an generate an Service Alarm if it running during daytime . ( Backup Process related ) .

It is no problem to Discover and Monitor a process and if it is not running to generate an Alert . But i need the other way :slight_smile: .

Any help/hint would be great .

Currently i am testing this on Linux, but at the end i would need also a solution for windows . ( Windows Process / Service running )

Best regards, Dietmar

Setup a manual check for this process where the parameters for number of processes are set to 0. This should create a service check that is OK if the process is not running.

With a matching time period you can set a notification period that is only active during daytime.

1 Like

Hi, Thx i think this worked and i know now where to look.

I have done a process discovery and used the ruleset for process count. This seems to work the same way.

Your suggestion using a manual check was because this is done without discovery and therefore do not need a running process to implement the service ? ( it has the regex in the check parameters )

If using a time period service monitoring i will still need a notification period as well ? I β€œthought” the Monitoring of the process monitoring service during Backup hours will be disabled. So i should not get a notification during that time of that as well ?

Notification should be sent out 7x24 ( only such an example should not produce any in given time period)

Thx, Dietmar

Hi,
you can use timespecific parameters in your rulesets:

Karl

1 Like

Yes. That was the intention.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.