Get a Unifi Dream Machine Pro into checkmk monitoring

Hi,

I want to get my Unifi Dream Machine Pro into my checkmk monitor. I activated snmp on my unifi controller and can monitor all other unifi devices over snmp but not my dream machine pro. Anybody can help me with how to get it working?

Regards,
haukeh

As the dream machine pro has no SNMP, your only solution will be using the UNFI API to get some data.
To integrate this into CMK someone must write a special agent who gets the relevant data from the API and then some checks who interpret the data.

Hi,
you could use this check to monitor your unifi stuff via the API.

I’m not sure if it’s working with the dream machine but just give it a try. :wink:

This strange script i would take as a base for a special agent.
But it is better than nothing for the start.

1 Like

Quite a bit stupid that I can monitor all other unifi devices via snmp but not the ports, cpu and workload on the dream machine pro. I will try if it is working with the documentation under the link.

Regards,
Hauke

If you search the Unifi support forum, you will find the same question “why is there no SNMP on the dream machine” :wink:

Beginners question here, how do I use this custom plugin to register the new unifi devices in the CheckMK dashboard? I have so far added all of my things through hosts, but not sure where to start on this. If I did this through SNMP I would go after the IP of the Unifi devices, but here the plugin is the source of the information?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.