Getting Started with CheckMK Multiple Site

Hi
Everyone i want to start use checkmk for monitoring my customer server etcetc, my idea is to have
a checkmk server on my server cloud i have many question to ask:

1. is better install on a docker container or dedicated vm with for example ubuntu server?
  2. For monitoring multiple customer infrastructure is better install one checkmk server on each customer and then connect these server to my master server on my server cloud?

Thanks you

Hi @Dexter23

welcome to the forum.

you’ll get different opinions on question 1, most will probably recommend a VW (ubuntu or any other of the supported distros).

Question 2: Yes, definitely. 1 site per customer is recommended. You may want to consider looking into the Managed Services Edition, as this will give you some options for this use case: The Managed Services Edition - Offering Checkmk as a service

HTH
Elias

Hi Elias thanks for answer.
The “Managed Services Edition” is free as the raw edition?
Any tips or tutorial to get started?

Hi @Dexter23

no, the CME is one of the commercial (paid) editions.

In general, it handles like the Checkmk Enterprise Edition, so all the tutorials apply. The specific differences are highlighted in the article I linked.

Best
Elias

Hi @elias.voelker
Ok but it’s possible to use the same structure with the raw edition?
I install one check mk server on each customer i want to monitoring and then connect these server to my central server hosted in my cloud infrastructure, i think it’s possible right?

Hi @Dexter23

yes, you can use your standard distributed monitoring with multiple sites for that.

Best
Elias