Graphite/Grafana Tag support

We’re using the Graphite-Connector to send metrics to a carbon/graphite server for easier querying
from Grafana.

Since Graphite Version 1.1 tags are supported for metrics, so we would like to use this with Checkmk hosttags for example to only query all linux-servers or only F5 Loadbalancers or whatever.

Is someone using something like this? Can it be done right now? Or do we need an extension on the Graphite-Connector in Checkmk?

Thanks,
Kai

Hello,
I am not quite sure if we are talking about the same thing. But we use the rule “Send metrics to Graphite/InfluxDB” and “labels” to filter which services should be sent to the Influx-DB.

So only the labeled services are sent to the database.

VG
Christian

1 Like

Hi Christian,

thanks but I meant the metric-data sent by Checkmk should be tagged.

So you could use something like “os=linux” or “os=windows” in the query in Grafana.
As I see it the data from Checkmk is not tagged so far.

Ah okay, sorry.
Thanks for this information, sounds interesting!

Hi Kai,

this is possible with the checkmk grafana Datasource. Please take a look at: https://checkmk.de/cms_grafana.html

BR

Anastasios

Hi Anastasios,

thank you for your reply. Yes I am aware of the Checkmk Grafana datasource and have tested it but right now it is missing too many features (calculations, states of services and hosts, templating) so I am looking into alternatives.

Cheers,
Kai

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.