GSM Modem for SMS

We have checkmk virtual appliance and a Teltonika TRB245 GSM modem and I need some help or info to get it going in checkmk. It is connected on LAN, ethernet, because we have checkmk clustered and otherwise we like to use LAN and not USB/serial.
Instructions from Teltonika manual works as far as sending sms by using “curl” command, also from checkmk. However I cannot understand how to make it work in checkmk. Example command that works:

curl "https://IPADDRESS/cgi-bin/sms_send?username=user&password=PASSWORD&number=004712345678&text=textmessagehereok" -k

We were told it would support Linux smstools package but I only find examples of telnet_login in smsd.conf. Is it possible to make this work?

If nothing else works you can write a custom notification script that runs exactly the command you showed above. You may want to have a look at ~/share/check_mk/notifications/sms to see how the original script sends text messages. Place your own addition/change below ~/local/share/check_mk/notifications/ (notice the local) so it doesn’t get overwritten by an update of checkmk.

2 Likes

There are example script for SMS modems with HTTP APIs in $OMD_ROOT/share/doc/check_mk/treasures/notifications, e.g. braintower or multitech.

Have a look at one of these, fit them to your needs to place the script in $OMD_ROOT/local/share/check_mk/notifications. Remember to also change the second comment line as this contains the name of the Notification Plugin in the WATO rule.

2 Likes

Thank you Dirk and r.sander, glad to see there is a solution and more info.

By the way: We use a Raspi (plus USB GSM) für Eventhandler SMS. Cheap and flexible solution.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.