Have SNMP Access but No Services Found

Hi!

So I have 10 Switches, same model, same configurations (from what the Network admin says), but 3 of them have this error where I get SNMPv3 and SNMPv2 Access (Green State in checkmk connection test) but when I do a full scan I get no services.

How is this possible? I also have the same host properties configuration for all of them as I bulk the hosts in 1 go

Also: Don’t trust your network admin. :wink:
If some devices work and some don’t, chances are that the switches have not been configured properly.

Also try debugging the devices on the CLI as outlined here: Network Monitoring with SNMP: Troubleshooting in God Mode

They are Cisco 3750X

I did a snmpwalk and it gives me a bunch of stuff and it also retrieves some information there.
Like powersupplies, interfaces, etc…

But in the end of the SNMPwalk scan it gives me an error:

Fetching ‘walk’…
Failed: OID ‘.1.3.6.1.2.1.207.1.2.4.0’: SNMP Error on Switch_Name: SNMP query timed out after 4 tries within 82.36 seconds

Some devices perform really poorly on SNMP queries. You might have to tweak the configuration there.
Here is some further reading on that topic: https://blog.checkmk.com/tag/snmp

i had a similar problem with a C9500. Was a bug in the IOS-XE.
The SNMP agent crashed when accessing certain OID.
This should be visible in the (debug) log. If so you can then
blocked the corresponding OIDs in the SNMP view like this:

snmp-server view **notALL** iso included
  snmp-server view **noatALL** ciscoMgmt.771.1.1.2 excluded
  snmp-server view **notALL** ciscoFlashFileEntry excluded  

snmp-server group XXXXX v3 priv  read **notALL**

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.