Hello Checkmk Community!

My name is Sara, I am here as your new Community Manager and I am very excited to meet you all. First, let me introduce myself and tell you a little about the journey that brought me here.

Many years ago I came to work in the field of IT and realised that I wanted to stay: the atmosphere of creativity, constant personal and professional development, spirit of cooperation that a great piece of technology cannot survive without – all were values that I shared.

Then came my first open source project for which I became a community manager. It was a relatively small framework maintained by a start up company that became a base for some big products changing people’s lives for better. It also inevitably changed me – bringing people together to work on common goals, seeing them contribute their expertise and time inspired me and keeps me motivated to this day. As with Checkmk, we as maintainers were creating tools for other technical teams and helping them to utilise these tools. It seems similar to what I’ve noticed about this community so far – people who received support never hesitated to help out in return. It was a great honour to help that collaboration and it is something that I hope to continue to do at Checkmk.

From the moment I installed my first Ubuntu at the age of 15 (still with GNOME!) to today when I am joining this big and well built project I strongly believe that great communities create great things. And I want to help these communities to the best of my ability.

I have 3 finished degrees and the one that I am finishing now: Music, Language Studies, Psychology and Social Studies in the field of Science and Technology. I also have about 7 years of experience in IT. I love technology and cannot wait to learn more about monitoring through Checkmk, maybe even ask a question or two in our Forum!

My goal is to bring value to you as a community and help us grow, share knowledge and good practices – so please feel free to reach out to me if there are any questions, suggestions – besides technology I also love communication and strongly believe that people striving to build something good together can always find a common language.

Looking forward to seeing you in our next community call. Stay tuned!

Sara
:vulcan_salute:

20 Likes

Welcome to the team! :hugs:
We are glad to have you! :tada:

1 Like