Help need to find Global Notification Rules

Dear CMK Community,

Please help me to find Global Notification Rules. Because at the time of installation i just make a mistake of notification rules but now i didnt find that settings. I know this is a simple task but for me now its a big mistake i have done in CMK. Please help me with some images to get the mistake resolve.

Regards,

Rojy Sam Raju

Hi Rojy,

are you looking for this?

That can be found in the “Setup” Menu, pretty far down (at least on my screen)

Or are you looking for ONE SPECIFIC RULE you created?

1 Like

Hai Elias,

Thank you for your reply ans sorry for disturbing you again and again.

But till now my issue not resolved. I try with the images option you shared with me and cross checked my settings. And from my side i try to delete and re-configure global notification settings (Setup>Events>Notification configuration) but now also in null mailer service showing only three mail id that am already shared with you yesterday. This issue causes all notification mails are going to those mail id’s and in my mail ID and Another user cant get their notification. Am attaching images for your reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Rojy Sam Raju

@itrojy Could there be a fallback email address configured that is receiving these mails? You should see if this setting is configured under Setup → General → Global Settings → Notifications → Fallback email address for notifications.
Or maybe there are some user-specific notification-rules that match these events. You should see these when you start from the first screenshot from @elias.voelker and click on “Display” and then “Display user rules”.
You could also check the notification-logs on the commandline, there you can see which notification-rule triggers the mail being sent. As the site user, take a look at the logfile ~/var/log/notify.log, this should give you a hint on which rules match.

2 Likes

Hai Ikoenig,

Thanks for your reply first, Yes i tried the way you provided to me but in log file also showing only three mail id instead of 27 mail id. Fall Back mail-id also configured One thing am sure at the beginning of checkmk mail integration i am changed the mail id’s to only three for checking purpose. unfortunately i forgot to get it noted where am changed the mail id’s.

You should see why the notifications are being sent and which rule is responsible for that inside the notification-log in ~/var/log/notify.log. For example:

2021-08-02 18:47:38,793 [20] [cmk.base.notify] Got raw notification (....;....) context with 52 variables
2021-08-02 18:47:38,796 [20] [cmk.base.notify] Global rule '<description>'...
2021-08-02 18:47:38,796 [20] [cmk.base.notify]  -> matches!
2021-08-02 18:47:38,796 [20] [cmk.base.notify] 1 rules matched....

Have a look at the log, this should give you a hint.

You should also check if all the users that should receive emails have valid addresses configured in their user-profile. If the user does not have an email-address configured, no mail will be sent for that user - at least that is how it is with your notification-rule configured like that. Maybe currently only 3 users have mail-addresses configured in checkmk, so only these users receive the notifications.
You can also try to add explicit email-addresses (completely decopuled from the users) in the notification-rule and check if the mails are being sent to those addresses.

1 Like

oh, good one! I didn’t think of that, but that totally makes sense!

Hai Ikoenig,

Very much Thanks for your quick response,

We have already configured a valid Email Address in the user profile, and a total of 29 user with valid email address is created, but the mail is receiving for only in 3 mail ID. Screen shot is attached.
In the first attachment it is showing that no rule is configured (Highlighted in Green).

Hai Ikoenig,

We have already configured a valid Email Address in the user profile, and a total of 29 user with valid email address is created, but the mail is receiving for only in 3 mail ID. Screen shot is attached.
In the first attachment it is showing that no rule is configured (Highlighted in Green).

Okay, so the logfile explains pretty much everything that is going on:

• The rule you configured does not match for the events and it probably does not match for most events. My guess is that either the conditions are too narrow or the contacts for the host are not set. Please check the contact groups for your host. If a host is not part of a contact group it won’t trigger the notification rule you configured. You can also verify this by asking one of your users to log in and check if the see the host.
  • As you can see it says “notifying fallback contacts” - some of your users have the setting “Receive fallback notifications” set. These are probably the three users that still receive the notifications. Check for your users if they have this setting in their profile. You will find this unter Setup → Users → then edit the properties of the user and you will find the setting under “Notifications”
1 Like

Hai Ikoenig,

Today i am notice that in “Global Notification Rule” earlier i am deleted one rule that updated in the starting time of CMK that causes the confusion/issue. For confirming i try same settings as earlier on the Global Notification Rule,after that am got notification again as same on yesterday without any change and i changed some settings i want in same “Global Notification Rule” as you said earlier. then i got my notification to all Hosts attached mail ID (27 mail id’s). It means if by mistake any one deleting “Global Notification Rule” then the old settings will persist there and we want to make “Global Notification” again to cover older settings if we are rebooted our server or reinstalled null-mailer client.

But now the issue if mail is sending by CMK, then all mail ID’s are getting notified. But i want the notification for assigned host mail ID only. Also if CMK trying to sent mail in mail log showing some SMTP error. Images attached

ISSUE RESOLVED !!! Thank you all to try to help me.

Because of my mistake i mentioned earlier i got stuck with email notification. Lots of search in all avalible communites and in CMK also i found that … If we are deleted the default notification settings from SETUP -->EVENTS–>NOTIFICATION RULES then we will stuck with old settings that we done. So we want to create same default notification rule again and change the settings one by one.

Now my IT Team (29 members) & Host (6790 services) are running and getting the proper notification mails. Once again Thank you all those try to help me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.