Host label plugin with WATO parameters

Hi,

I’m trying to create a custom plugin that will dynamically create host labels based on the content of a given SNMP OID (sysDescr). A more advanced version of the way some defaults are set with SNMPDeviceType (but I need to match against things including spaces and hyphens)

I’ve been able to create a basic plugin which does this; with the list of string to look for / labels to create are stored in the check itself.

I’d like to move this list to being WATO configurable, but I can’t see how to pass the list of parameters to the host label function.

A check has check_default_parameters, and the check function can be passed params and I can find a reference to host_label_default_parameters in the definition for snmp_section; However I can’t see how to pass parameters to the host_label_function as the documentation says “It must accept exactly one argument by the name ‘section’.”

Any ideas how WATO parameters can be passed to the label function?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.