How do I add more time to the check_mk service for one host?

Good morning all,

I have checkmk all working and nice, been very happy with it. I have added a windows machine at a bit of an edge of a network, and its latency is quite bad. Which is fine, honestly. Its an edge machine doing its thing.

However, Check_MK service for windows REALLY doesnt like these delays and is quite chatty about it, as you can see here. Upload and share screenshots and images - print screen online | Snipboard.io

It seems to fail, and then be happy the very next minute. Ive adjusted my notifications, so I am not getting them, but Id like to not see this in my events area every few hours.

Where can I adjust the timeout of this check? Ive went looking into the parameters for the service, but did not find anything that I was convinced is what problem I am trying to solve.

Off topic:
When you copy an image and paste it while typing your post, you will upload it to the forum and embed it in your post. So you donā€™t need to place it on a site as snipboard or similar, and link it in your post.

Your screenshot as example:
![image|690x323](upload://zh6be0hIPtkmGDK4wUeTzq7AKRb.png)

Besides less work for you, it also means no switching between browser windows for the people reading your post. (-:

If there are advantages doing it your way, curious what they are.

Thanks, noted. I didnt see the ability to put in the image, so I assumed it wasnt supported. My bad.

Still hoping for solution though :slight_smile:

You can change the timing of the checks and / or the number of errors per checks until an alert is send using parameters and rules.
Have a look in the really good documentation on the homepage for all details.
Ralf

Hi Ralf, thanks for the reply.

I am aware of how to do parameter changes for services. What I am having trouble is finding the item specific for this check.
The only one that I have found thus far (and testing) seems to be ā€˜Service check timeout (Microcore)ā€™ but Im still unsure thats the one I need for this check.

Hi @JDLNewborn,

Please apply rule ā€œAgent TCP connect Timeoutā€ for respective host. Default value is 5 Secs.

Regards,
DD

1 Like

THANK YOU. This is what I was looking for! Of course now that I know where that isā€¦it seems stupidly obvious! Hope it helps someone looking in future.

Thanks again!

Hi Jack!

If one of the replies resolved your question, could you please mark it as a solution? That way you say thank you to the author and also show other people who might have the same question, that it has been resolved :slight_smile:
Thank you!