How to add ping-only host in 1.6.0p9

Hi. I know that this may sound like silly question but i’ve stucked in some strange place.

I want to add Host (to connect some active checks, like check_http or something like this) that is not really a host with installed agent.

In old CMK i could do this by using wato, and in data sources When I was choosing cmk agent settings there was option like ping only.

In new 1.6.0 There is option called “No agent” but it doesnt work - since trying to save this configuration pops this out.

“tuple indices must be integers, not str”

In tags I can see tag ping only, but it’s not used anywhere.

So how to declare this in new cmk ?

1 Like

Hi,
new installation of 1.6.0 or update from a previous release?

Karl

fresh installation.

I’m trying to migrate from very old cmk.

Hi,
that’s a very strange behaviour: When selecting “No agent” that you get an error message.

Have you:

• Installed the new relese of cmk?
  • Created a new site with omd create …?
  • Added a new host: WATO -> Hosts -> New Host > … DataSources: No Agent?

How have you done the migration? e.g. update 1.2.4 to 1.2.6 to 1.2.8 to 1.4 to 1.5 to 1.6?

Karl

Yes. Exactly.

New cmk with omd.

Created site named local.

And In Hosts/New Host/Datasources: No agent.

If I use normal one with Agent installed everything is ok.
But when I choose No Agent I get this error when trying to :slight_smile:

Do Service (I know there should be nothing)
Or When I try to activate changes.

And No Update - I’m just trying to reconfigure everything in new system, I didn’t import anything from old system.

Just did it in RAW and worked fine, my system is running in Ubuntu.
You might have something broken, my suggestion is to create a new site and try if that doesn’t work just reinstall Check MK.

2 Likes

OK. I’ve upgraded to newest possible version od cmk (by omd update) and still got this issue.
Then I’ve created new site, and there - it works as it should ;/

So I think There is something bad with my configuration ;/

2 Likes

@lisek,

Are you sure you hadn’t imported any configuration files from the old cmk ? or edited manually any file ?
Well it’s kinda solved :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.