How to Configure SMTP in checkmk latest raw edition?

CMK version: Checkmk Raw Edition 2.1.0p19
OS version: SUSE linux SP3

Error message: how to configure SMTP

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)

The raw edition uses the local MTA of the monitoring server to send emails. You will have to configure that (usually Postfix or Exim).

thanks sander. Can you help me if there is a documentation for this to setup?

It looks like you can use YaST2 to configure the mail server on SLES 15SP3: sles 15sp3 mail server - Google Suche

Hello, I have configured postfix for send mail
iI need configured with checkmk for notification

the problem is that i don’t know how to configure it

Help please

First make sure your system is configured correctly by sending email via command line like.

echo "Testcontent" | mail -s Test harry.hirsch@example.com

If this works fine, all you have to add is notification email address in checkmk.

Please check the doc for details:

I configured it works fine

Thanks very much

Hi , i have installed postfix. but when i run this “echo “Testcontent” | mail -s Test harry.hirsch@example.com” as monitoring user. i m not receiving mail

Can you guide me here to configure posfix?

This is probably outside the scope of the forum. I’d search for how to configure it via a search engine for your operating system. It can be a quick or daunting task, depending on your setup. But there’s a ton of tutorials out there, nonetheless.

1 Like

Hi Sander,

I have installed postfix on the suse 15 sp3 . When i try to send mails, its not happening. when i checked the logs

2DFC8226743B    8568 Mon Aug  7 15:30:13  monitoring@server01

(delivery temporarily suspended: local data error while talking to smtp.office365.com[52.97.200.178])
user@domain.com.

Can you suggest some ways to fix it? i have tried many ways but no luck

https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=000019344

This article helped me to fix