How to disable Check_MK: Missing monitoring data for plugins: fortigate_sensors?

Those 3 devices are monitored via SNMP. I already disabled the notifications for the Check_MK service on those hosts, but those events still show up in event console.

Whats the best way to disable the WARN for them? Based on what I read so far, timeouts might be the only way to disable those.

Or is there any better solution for this?

Or do I need to disable piggyback completely? (Never use piggyback data)

Do these WARNs happen temporarily or permanent?

In the second case just run a service discovery and remove the vanished services from these hosts.

In the first case it’s an issue with the SNMP agent on the device. You should contact the vendor’s support.

1 Like

Those events show up for the last 30+ days. These are all events of the last 24h:

So I would say its permanent.

The service discovery gives no vanished services:

It does not look like the issue is permanent. It’s a temporary error on two hosts.

I guess that the Check_MK service turns OK in between the alerts you have shown in the list.

I guess that sometimes the SNMP agent on the device does not provide the OIDs for the fortigate_sensors check plugin.

Yeah it turns ok between those checks, I just filtered to not show OK.
So is my only option to contact the vendor or is there any way to silence these events in cmk?

You could disable the check plugin “fortigate_sensors” for these devices completely with the ruleset “disabled checks”.

I would first ask the vendor why this happens.

1 Like