How to disable monitoring services like Check_MK, Check_MK Discovery

How to disable monitoring services like Check_MK, Check_MK Discovery.
I have added monitorred device without checked : Chek MK Agent I have unchecked this check box. Becasue I was a lot of mesage with SNMP error.
Check_MK Agent… Normal Checkmk agent, or special agent if configured (Default value)

Hi @jay,

you can use the rule Disabled services within the section Monitoring Configuration for your needs.

This is the only one what cannot be disabled as this is the main service for CMK. Only if you configure your host as “No agent” and “No SNMP” then this service will be gone by itself.

1 Like

No, you cannot as both service checks are active services.
The “Disabled services” ruleset is only for service checks based on agent / SNMP data.

Hello @jay

Can it be that you have more issues on the site you’re trying to monitor “in general”? I believe
this is also one of the topics you opened:

Instead of simply disabling stuff, you may need to do an investigation, first, about what’s going on in your DC, as a whole. CMK is the appropriate tool to do this…:slight_smile: But perhaps
you have to take it, “one step at a time”.

If there’s anything else more specific you need information about, please do post. :smiley:

Regards,
Thomas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.