How to exclude user from global notification if he has custom rule?

Hi. I have silly and very nooby question. Sorry guys, but Can’t get this from manual.

IN CMK I’ve got in global notifications normal mail rule (default one)

And it e-mail’s everyone from proper group about events.

But I have user that want to be disabled from some notifications, I’ve created different rule per this user, that works as it should.

But first Global Rule still works, and still sends notifications.

And if both Global and New are valid, user gets two notifications.

So what I want to achieve?
I want to have normal default Global Rule, but for someone I need custom rule only.

Is there different way of achieving this instead of removing Global One and creating rule per every user?

Create a second user specific notification rule for that user that cancels all mail notifications first. Insert this new rule before the rule you already have for this user.

This way the global mail notification gets cancelled and afterwards the user specific rule creates a notification.

OK. I solved this by adding new rule per user With “Cancel Previous Notifications” at the beginning of his rules stack
That excluded this user from Global Rule, and allowed “per user” rules to be executed correctly

1 Like

Yes. That is how it worked. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.