How to install sopho nagios plugins

Hi Team.
I am using the CheckMK raw edition. It is fantastic and wonderful tool to monitor network resources.
I am using the Sophos xg Firewall v19. I wanted to monitor Sophos services. However, when I added it through SNMP, It checks, but some services are not displayed. When I googled and found this link of plugins for Nagios: GitHub - DinoTools/monitoring-check_sophos_xg: Monitoring plugin to check Sophos XG firewalls with Icinga, Nagios and other compatible monitoring solutions
I want to install Sophos Nagios plugins in CheckMK. Can you please help?

Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04
Checkmk Version: OMD - Open Monitoring Distribution Version 2.1.0p24.cre

You can have a look here Monitoring network services (Active checks) - Monitoring of HTTPS, TCP, SSH, FTP and further services on how to integrate Nagios plugins in Checkmk.

Hi Sudhir,
Thank you, checkmk is collecting the sophos data via snmp.v2c.
I placed plugins at the following location

ls /opt/omd/sites/monitoring/local/lib/nagios/plugins/

drwxr-xr-x 2 monitoring monitoring 4096 Mar 27 12:56 ./
drwxr-xr-x 3 monitoring monitoring 4096 Mar 20 11:48 …/
-rw-r–r-- 1 monitoring monitoring 46 Mar 20 11:48 README.txt
-rwxr-xr-x 1 monitoring monitoring 8678 Mar 27 12:56 check_sophos_xg_memory.pl*

I dont know how to write the command line. Pls check the attachment.

Can you try to give the same permissions like the files under ~/lib/nagios/plugins ?
IIRC, most of the plugins under this folder are ownd by root.
In any case try to always run the plugin manually to see if you get any reasoable output from it.

Here I tried both ways after changing the owernership. It shows the same result.
I think there is something wrong with command line.

/opt/omd/sites/monitoring/local/lib/nagios/plugins/check_sophos_xg_memory.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$

It expects the IP ($HOSTADDRESS$) here. Have you already tried calling it from the command line ?
Try to execute it as site user.

I put the ip address in place of $HOSTADDRESS$ but it shows the same result.
Sophos XG Memory UNKNOWN - Unable to get information

How do I execute it as site user.?

SImple :slight_smile:

sudo su - monitoring
cd ~/local/lib/nagios/plugins
./check_sophos_xg_memory.pl -H yourIP

Your Nagios plugin has a problem. Try to make this work first.

Thank you, Sudhir, for your kind support. When you said plugins have a problem, suddenly I started going through the file and found the SNMP password mismatched. I have corrected the SNMP password. It starts collecting the data.
Once again thank Sudhir…

But there is an issue. How can I get the graph and Perf-O-Meter.

I hope you selected the following in the “Integrate Nagios plugins” rule:
Screenshot from 2023-03-27 15-46-12

Apart from this, some Nagios plugins has also a -w and -c for warning and critical. Maybe try to use this as well?

1 Like

Yes I have selected the same option “Performacne data”. After that it starts displaying graps. But It is not showing the “Perometer”

Not every Nagios plugin that you donwload will have a Perfometer by default. To get an overview of already defined measurements and there perfometers you can look at the following file:
~/lib/python3/cmk/gui/plugins/metrics/checkmk.py

if your metric/performance value is not defined in this file, then you need to create one or try to use an existing one.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.