How to make a view of specific host groups?

Hi,
Currently, I’m using check_mk 2.0.0p11 (CEE).
I did a bunch of host groups to each location (e.g. Germany, Spain, Canada, etc…).
I’m able to do an individual view of a group and a view of all groups, but can’t find a way of doing a view of for example 2 out 5 host groups.
Is there some option that I’m not seeing?

Hi,
you can create a Search Filter in your view for several host groups:

Karl

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the answer.

What view are you using? Because I tried on view with that option available and got a lot of duplicate names.

Hi,
Monitor > All Hosts

Karl

Hi,
That way it will show the hosts and the user has to set it up.
I wanted to show something like this on the general dashboard (all locations):

And when I go to a specific location for example Germany dashboard, I want to be able to show only the host groups, like the image above, but for the locations in Germany.

@PedroPereira
So maybe you should use the view “Host group” from the “Monitor” menu and then set filters (substrings or regexes) for the groups you would like to see. Then you can add this filtered view to other dashboards.
Would this solve your problem?

Edit: just tried it and it works. If you remove the link from the title (which would make the view followable to the original unfiltered view) then users can only descend into the host groups they can see in the view.
Hope I understood your issue correctly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the answer!
How did you use regex or substrings to filter? I can only look for 1 hostgroup

@PedroPereira You can set this by using Display → Customize View from the Menu at the top of the frame. And then use the filter for Host group set enter something like this: Germany.|Spain.|France.* (maybe you do not need the wildcards, but you might have several german groups or something else?). Just save & go to view :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.