How to make Users being able to see monitoring site services but not edit them

Hello,

I have this problem where I have multiple sites, and users don’t have permissions to edit those hosts, but I still want them to see their hosts or else this will be displayed

And I want them to see it like this

Is there any wayI could achieve this without giving the users permission to the hosts

Wouldn’t it be sufficient to create a new user role with specific permissions?!

Create one user with quest role and using this user you can see everything but can’t edit .

They all have the same role, my problem here is that, I dont want them to see the hosts configurations, only the services.

They all have the same role, my problem here is that, I dont want them to see the hosts configurations, only the services.

Create one user with quest role and using this user you can see everything but can’t edit .

That way wouldn’t they be unable to edit their assigned hosts?

Hi,
you can use the rule Assignment of services to contact groups.

Karl

What do you want to achieve? To have some user see all services but can’t edit them/hosts or to have user to see everything but can edit only specific hosts?

I want them to see the services of the monitoring sites so they can see the graphs, but not able to look at the configurations.

@kdeutsch already told me a way around, that worked, just had to create a bunch of rules to every contact group

You want them to see graphs only or they also can see which services each host have but can’t edit hosts/services or see configuration parameters you still can use quest role for user and done.

I have one user for this and it sees this graphs and also all hosts with monitored services but cant edit

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.