How to modify data type option in custom attribute

Hi,

I am trying to configure custom attribute for host and service. But in the custom attribute rule i am only able to find data type in “Simple Text”. Is it possible to configure the data type in drop down format.

Regards,

Hi @ETSystems,

other data types than simple text were never implemented for custom attributes afaik.

but if your goal is a drop down… sounds like maybe you could work with a tag group? See the eocs for Host tags

Gerd

hi,

Thank you for the update.
Is there any tag group available for services?

there is no short answer to this :slight_smile:
service tags exist but have never had any function, there is a long discussion about whether they can be deprecated at Deprecation of the Service Tags feature

so a really functioning drop-down tag group feature for services: I’d say no.

But I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Would you mind explaining the original problem, maybe there is a completely different solution that is possible. (see What is the XY problem? - Meta Stack Exchange :slight_smile: )

Hi,

Thank you for the update.
I am trying to set custom attributes for the hosts and services. We had this feature inside nagios.
For example, based on criticality, I set defcon values for the hosts/services and this defcon value will be shown inside the mail notification subject. I am checking for the same settings inside checkmk.

Hi All,

I have solved the issue and the details are updated in another post How to add custom service attribute inside service notification .

Thank you