How to use new IIS Check in 2.0.0p8 version (13052 iis_app_pool_state)

Hi to all,
On the new version of Check_MK after I add IIS application pool names to hosts, I have no output regarding this. I use iis_app_pool_state.ps1 plugin and copy it IIS c:/programFiles x86 check_mk/plugins dir? (restart cmk service) try to add it to check_mk.ini but with no success Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
which version of agent you use? If 2.0.0 the path for the plugin is wrong. You need to place the plugin to “c:\programdata\checkmk\agent\plugins” and try again.
Cheers,
Christian

Hello,
first I was using the old 1.6 agent, but after that, I suspected that I need a new version of the agent so I upgrade it to use the new agent from 2.08 and I copy the plugin to c:/programdata/… path but without success. Also, I enable the following paths in check_mk.yml (and copy plugin over there) and restart services but also without success.
$CUSTOM_PLUGINS_PATH$ → is ProgramData/checkmk/agent/plugins
$BUILTIN_PLUGINS_PATH$ → is Program Files(x86)/checkmk/service/plugins
$CUSTOM_AGENT_PATH$ → is ProgramData/checkmk/agent/
$CUSTOM_LOCAL_PATH$ → is ProgramData/checkmk/agent/local

Hey ninoslav.rajkovic
which language is set on the server?
This plugin seems to work only on English servers.
It uses the performance indicators api and these are set to the installed server language.
My server is German and when I run the plugin by hand it does not work either. As soon as I make the request in German then it works.
But unfortunately I have then in Checkmk a parsing problem :frowning:

Hello Ninoslav,

i used the following powershell script, which seems to be language independend:

check_iis.ps1 by Juan Granados

I will auto restart the stopped pools etc. , the output is nagios-like, but it is easy to change to fit the checkmk style. the checkmk style described in https://docs.checkmk.com/latest/en/localchecks.html#dynamic_state

My output looks like this:

P WebsitesRunning WebsitesRunning=1;1:2;1:2;0;1
P AppPoolsRunning AppPoolsRunning=42;42:43;42:43;0;42

BR
Oliver

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.