HPE Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO2) and iLO3

Hi. I currently use check_mk to monitor various things with iLO4 and iLO5, but cannot get things working with iLO2 or iLO3.

Is check_mk compatible with iLO2 and 3?

These old management boards may offer an IPMI interface. There is a special agent for this available.

2 Likes

Beside @r.sander’s point, with iLO3 you can use the SNMP pass through function. That means you need running HP management agents on the host OS.
For iLO2 you can use the classic iLO health checks → check_ilo2_health - Nagios Exchange

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses. I will be checking this out tomorrow.

FYI Checkmk will remove all SNMP based iLO checks in 2.2 (I think) so you are enforced to use the API version.

From where do you have this information? I prefer also the API version as i wrote the special agent for this :slight_smile: but older iLO versions like 4 and 3 are not or only partially supported by the API.
For iLO 5 i would recommend to use the API.

I can’t find the werk now but if you enable snmp iLO monitoring (snmp) you will get an warning when you reload the core that this functional will be removed in an upcoming version.

I think here is another mechanic shown. In your environment is the old inventory plugin active for the iLO firmware. This old inventory plugins are not supported anymore from 2.2 on.
As i wrote the firmware inventory i also saw this message. Until now i had no time to update/upgrade the inventory plugin for SNMP.

All these messages have nothing to do with core functionality inside CMK. It is only an advice to look at the installed plugins.

Yes you are right that it will not be supported, this is an clean installation but it seemed we had a few unpacked files (not extensions) and had an iLO firmware check causing this.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.