I am not able to find services for one of the storage controller

Hello Team ,

I added 2 Netapp clusters with same rulesets and same credentials in Same folder only .Same user created for both with same password .
I am able to discover all the services for one controller but not able to discover for other controller .Any idea whats wrong with newly added controller?

Below is the cmk -vvI output

Richardson_cluster:

• FETCHING DATA
    [special_netapp] No persisted sections loaded
    [special_netapp] Not using cache (Does not exist)
    [special_netapp] Execute data source
    [special_netapp] Calling external program “/omd/sites/omdciopd01/share/check_mk/agents/special/agent_netapp -u ‘’ -s ‘’ ’ '”
    [special_netapp] ERROR: Agent exited with code 1:
    [piggyback] No persisted sections loaded
    [piggyback] Execute data source
    No piggyback files for ‘Richardson_cluster’. Skip processing.
    No piggyback files for ‘’. Skip processing.
    Loading autochecks from /omd/sites/omdciopd01/var/check_mk/autochecks/Richardson_cluster.mk
  • EXECUTING DISCOVERY PLUGINS (0)
    Trying discovery with:
    Try aquire lock on /omd/sites/omdciopd01/var/check_mk/autochecks/Richardson_cluster.mk
    Got lock on /omd/sites/omdciopd01/var/check_mk/autochecks/Richardson_cluster.mk
    Releasing lock on /omd/sites/omdciopd01/var/check_mk/autochecks/Richardson_cluster.mk
    Released lock on /omd/sites/omdciopd01/var/check_mk/autochecks/Richardson_cluster.mk
    SUCCESS - Found no new services, no new host labels

What happens if you execute the special agent manually? With all the correct parameters.

1 Like

You can get the commandline for the special agent by running cmk -D hostname.

2 Likes

Richardson_cluster
Addresses: removed
Tags: [address_family:ip-v4-only], [agent:special-agents], [criticality:prod], [ip-v4:ip-v4], [networking:lan], [piggyback:auto-piggyback], [site:], [snmp_ds:no-snmp], [tcp:tcp]
Labels:
Host groups: check_mk
Contact groups: all
Agent mode: No Checkmk agent, all configured special agents
Type of agent:
Program: /omd/sites/omdciopd01/share/check_mk/agents/special/agent_netapp -u ‘’ -s ‘’ ’
Process piggyback data from /omd/sites/omdciopd01/tmp/check_mk/piggyback/Richardson_cluster
Services:
checktype item params description groups

It looks like there are no credentials set for the special agent.
You need to set credential in the configuration rule for that host.

I removed credentials …I am using one data soure for entire directory but it is working for one host but not for other host

Then the user is not configured on the storage system correctly.
How does the output looks like if you do it manually?

Getting same error when i run through GUI …Agent exited 1

[special_netapp] ERROR: Agent exited with code 1:
[piggyback] No persisted sections loaded
[piggyback] Execute data source
No piggyback files for ‘Richardson_cluster’. Skip processing.
No piggyback files for ‘’. Skip processing.
Loading autochecks from /omd/sites/omdciopd01/var/check_mk/autochecks/Richardson_cluster.mk

You should run this command with all needed options. Nothing else.
Take a look at the special agent itself you will find the command line options for debug and raw XML output. This would be very helpful for troubleshooting.

1 Like

Removed user and password …
It seems to be all the plugins executing for this cluster …given same credentials and same role to the user …
OMD[omdciopd01]:~$ /omd/sites/omdciopd01/share/check_mk/agents/special/agent_netapp -u ‘’ -s ‘’ ‘’ | grep -i netapp_
<<<netapp_api_vs_status:sep(9)>>>
<<<netapp_api_vs_traffic:sep(9)>>>
<<<netapp_api_if:sep(9)>>>
<<<netapp_api_connection>>>

For other storage i am getting more …
not sure why it is causing issue when we use same rules and user for both .

I faced same issue for Vmware hosts and vCenter now …I am able to get services for few hosts and vCenter …Used same credentials and same roles for this , but not able to discover services for few hosts and vcenter …

I am using Check-Mk 1.6 Enterprise Edition

i did nt make any changes …removed multiple times and added , i am able to discover many of the services …but not discovering few and getting below warning now .

WARNING: Exception while parsing agent section ‘netapp_api_fcp’: ValueError(“invalid literal for int() with base 10: ‘0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0’”,)
File “/omd/sites/omdciopd01/lib/python/cmk_base/data_sources/host_sections.py”, line 299, in _update_with_parse_function
return parse_function(section_content)
File “/omd/sites/omdciopd01/share/check_mk/checks/netapp_api_fcp”, line 150, in parse_netapp_api_fcp
fcp_data[“total_ops”] = int(values.get(“total_ops”, 0))

Why do you do a “grep” after the command? You remove all relevant error message or anything else what can help to troubleshoot your problem.

Sure , i will update…i checked without grep also , i just want let you know taht few of controllers only executing …

Remember that you have also the possibility to use the switches “–debug” and “–xml” to get a little bit more output regarding your problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.