Install check_mk in photon

Hello friends,

Could you help me I have a machine with Photon where I have some containers, my question is how could I do to install the agent or how should I do to monitor that server.

Thanks

The usual way to monitor a Linux hosts with Docker containers is to install the Checkmk agent and the mk_docker.py plugin on the host system. The plugin collects informations about the containers as piggyback data. These checks can be made visible when the containers are created as hosts in Checkmk. Don’t give them an IP address, and select “No agent”.

If you run the Checkmk Enterprise Edition, you can use the dynamic configuration daemon instead of creating the container objects by hand.

Other than in earlier Checkmk versions, the mk_docker.py plugin does not try to run the Checkmk agent from the host in the context of each container any more. But if there is a Checkmk agent installed inside the container, it will be executed.

There is a good documentation on this topic: Monitoring Docker

1 Like

Hello,

Yes I understand that but my question is Photon uses tdnf, which installer should I use?

Regards

I have not used Photon OS yet, but according to the documentation, it uses the RPM package format.
tdnf is a slightly modified version of dnf, the standard RHEL 8 package management tool, with the dependencies to Python removed.

Thus, I would try to install the Checkmk agent RPM file.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.