Instead of Graphs | Error messages are displayed on email notification of checkmk

Hi @andreas-doehler/@anonymous15

Yes the graphs are coming correctly inside PNP4Nagios.
I checked into PHP file , below is the screenshot, but please give me the command:

Also , one thing running in my mind is if I do systemctl status nagios, it comes failed
OMD[checkmk]:~/tmp/php/session$ systemctl status nagios
● nagios.service - Nagios
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/nagios.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2021-01-14 16:15:10 CET; 6 days ago
Main PID: 13819 (code=exited, status=217/USER)
OMD[checkmk]:~/tmp/php/session$

And if I go omd status , here nagios is running
OMD[checkmk]:~/tmp/php/session$ omd status
mkeventd: running
rrdcached: running
npcd: running
nagios: running
apache: running
crontab: running

Overall state: running
OMD[checkmk]:~/tmp/php/session$

So can this be the reason for red error coming in the notification intermittently for the Checkmk service?

BR
/Prachi

This must be from an old manual Nagios installation. On a clean system with only CMK installed there is no Nagios service.

Hi @andreas-doehler,

Absolutely ours is raw edition , just few days back I have upgraded from 1.6 Op6 to 1.6 Op20 and in the checkmk documents its given that raw edition has nagios as core service and enterprise editions have cmk.

What do you suggest , shall I create one more site on our current checkmk Centos server as suggested by @anonymous15?
or go with fresh new checkmk
server and install enterprise version may be …its free for 10 hosts…To be honest we have no plans as such to go for enterprise version …I think raw would be better to install.

Or try to fix the current setup, but I sometimes feel have spend almost a month on this red error with no achievable outputs…Sometimes I think is it a internal bug ???

Please suggest which way to move forward , if you would have been in my place with not so techie and understand checkmk by googling on net.

BR
/Prachi

Do you just have 10 hosts in your setup ? If No, then you can continue using CRE.

It would be interesting to see the behaviour of the notifications on a fresh test site with a single host.

Hi @anonymous15/@andreas-doehler,

Your advise worked:)

It worked !!! installed new site as testsite on the same host where we have the prod site .
The test machine gives same red error with the checkmk service on prod site but no error email notification on testsite.

On Prod site

But now I have few questions:

1. On the new site (testsite) getting failed notification , I have discovered the Linux server on testsite, created my user and contact group and in notifications created a rule to match the folder and contact group like below:

But I am getting failed notifications on the testsite

2. what is the reason of change in behaviour on test site , now is there a way possible to migrate our 475 servers from prod to testsite?

3. What should be next step to eliminate the error and move in right direction.I mean continue to troubleshoot on the prod site or move the servers from prod to testsite?

BR
/Prachi

Hi @anonymous15/@andreas-doehler,

GoodEvening

Please give your pointers.

Best Regards
/Prachi

Hi @anonymous15,

Sorry to disturb you ,Just now observed a very strange behavior on the new testsite ,there is one VM which was giving error in email notification on the Prod site so removed the particular server from the prod and discovered in the testsite .
Now on the testsite , I am getting quite a same error . Unable to fetch graphs:(

What next now…

BR
/Prachi

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.