Integrating Checkmk with Postfix and Splunk for Email Notifications and Log Management

Hi everyone,

I am currently setting up email notifications in Checkmk using a Postfix server and also planning to integrate Splunk for log management and monitoring. I have successfully installed Docker Checkmk and tested the Postfix server to send emails, which worked fine. However, I am struggling with configuring Checkmk to send emails through Postfix and ensuring seamless integration with Splunk for log analysis.

I have installed Docker Checkmk (open port 5000). Installed and tested Postfix (emails sent successfully). Set up Splunk for log management.

Emails are not being sent from Checkmk, and I need guidance on best practices for integrating Checkmk logs into Splunk.

Configuration Details :

• Checkmk version: 2.1.0p10
  • Postfix settings:
    • SMTP Server: localhost
    • SMTP Port: 25
  • Splunk version: 8.2.5

I have Reviewed the Checkmk, Postfix, and Splunk documentation.

Configured notification rules in Checkmk under “WATO - Configuration” > “Notifications”. Set SMTP server settings in “Global Settings”. Integrated Checkmk logs into Splunk for monitoring, but need further guidance.

I received Error Message ; Email delivery failed: Connection refused

Please guide me on the exact steps to configure email notifications in Checkmk using Postfix and how to best integrate Checkmk with Splunk for comprehensive log management?

I have reviewed the Checkmk-Official-Guide-Splunk Documentation but still need some help .

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
gregbowers