Interface graphs for distributed monitoring not working

CMK version: 2.1.0p16
OS version: Debian 11.5

Error message: N/A

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins) Output has been added as text file. Host- and sitename have beed replaced with and
output-server.txt (15.9 KB)
output-switch.txt (12.1 KB)

I have recently added a new monitoring server at a customer’s site and set it up as distributed monitoring before adding any hosts. I followed the guide in checkmk’s documentation.
Everything seems to be working fine, except interface graphs. All other graphs work, and the interface’s monitoring values also seem correct. The graph’s just appear empty.
It makes no difference if I log into the main site, or into the local site.

Here a screenshot from one of the server interfaces:

Any input is appreciated!
Cheers

bump

I’m open for any ideas… :no_mouth:

Your outputs does not show any performance data. You have a broken setup somehow.
What do you mean by “all other graphs works”?

Extra question - do the graph work on the remote site directly, if you log in there?
If not than it is not a distributed monitoring problem.

All other graphs meaning, performance graphs for e.g. CPU utilization, Memory usage, etc. Those graphs are working.

Hi Andreas,
logging into the remote site, also results in empty graphs…

Sooo, I’ve just checked again. This does not seem to be a problem purely from the remote site.
I am missing interface graphs for all new host added since my update to 2.1.0p16… All other graphs seem to work.
Could this be a bug?

As you have the enterprise version, I would look first inside the “~/var/log/cmc.log” for RRD errors.
I have here a small test system with p16 and there are no problems with interface graphs.

Yes, you’re right. I’m getting a lot of the following errors for different hostnames and services:

2022-12-05 12:19:17 [4] [rrdcached] [rrdcached at "/omd/sites/<sitename>/tmp/run/rrdcached.sock"] [log] -1 No such file: /opt/omd/sites/<sitename>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<hostname>/Interface_1_outqlen.rrd

2022-12-05 12:19:17 [4] [main] [RRD helper 3963834] [log] Error creating RRD for pnp_multiple;SITDE02APAS02;Interface 08;indisc;0: Tried to create /opt/omd/sites/<sitename>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<hostname>/Interface_08_indisc.rrd, but this RRD exists.

Is there a quick fix?

Executing omd start rrdcached results in:

Temporary filesystem already mounted
Starting rrdcached...Already running.

omd restart rrdcached results in:

Temporary filesystem already mounted
Stopping rrdcached...waiting for termination....OK
Starting rrdcached...OK

But I am still receiving the same errors in ~/var/log/cmc.log

Your first error message means, there are old PNP4Nagios RRD files. If you have created the rules “Configuration of RRD databases of host/services” inside your system, the core normally stores the RRD data under “~/var/check_mk/rrd/”. Your shown paths are the old legacy storage.
You can try to convert all your existing RRD data with “cmk --convert-rrds”.
But this is a little bit more complex.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.