Internal error: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Hi,

i recently upgraded to CheckMK 2.0p1 and at first it seemed to work, but after a week or so if i click on any host or any graph to look at the services i get the following error message:
Internal error: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable

What is the cause of this suddenly happening?

I also completely wiped CMK from the system, reinstalled and imported a backup (without hist. data) and the same still happens…
Upgraded also to 2.0p2 and the problem still persists…

If anyone has an idea, i would be grateful .

Thanks
Flow

What is shown if you open the crash report page link?

In the Traceback field theres the following:

File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/wsgi/applications/checkmk.py", line 166, in _process_request
    response = page_handler()
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/wsgi/applications/utils.py", line 59, in _call_auth
    func()
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/pages.py", line 182, in <lambda>
    return (lambda hc: lambda: hc().handle_page())(handle_class)
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/pages.py", line 46, in handle_page
    self.page()
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/pages.py", line 154, in <lambda>
    "page": lambda self: self._wrapped_callable[0]()
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/views.py", line 1791, in page_view
    process_view(GUIViewRenderer(view, show_buttons=True))
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/views.py", line 1829, in process_view
    _process_regular_view(view_renderer)
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/views.py", line 1846, in _process_regular_view
    _show_view(view_renderer, unfiltered_amount_of_rows, rows)
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/views.py", line 2023, in _show_view
    view_renderer.render(rows, show_checkboxes, num_columns, show_filters,
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/views.py", line 611, in render
    page_menu=self._page_menu(rows, show_filters))
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/views.py", line 791, in _page_menu
    self._page_menu_dropdowns_context(rows) + \
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/views.py", line 857, in _page_menu_dropdowns_context
    return _get_context_page_menu_dropdowns(self.view, rows, mobile=False)
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/views.py", line 2393, in _get_context_page_menu_dropdowns
    topics=host_setup_topic + list(
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/views.py", line 2525, in _get_context_page_menu_topics
    if visual.get("topic") == "bi" and not is_part_of_aggregation(
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/gui/bi.py", line 68, in is_part_of_aggregation
    return get_cached_bi_compiler().is_part_of_aggregation(host, service)
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/utils/bi/bi_compiler.py", line 254, in is_part_of_aggregation
    self._check_redis_lookup_integrity()
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/utils/bi/bi_compiler.py", line 272, in _check_redis_lookup_integrity
    self.load_compiled_aggregations()
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/utils/bi/bi_compiler.py", line 78, in load_compiled_aggregations
    self._check_compilation_status()
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/utils/bi/bi_compiler.py", line 107, in _check_compilation_status
    self.prepare_for_compilation(current_configstatus["online_sites"])
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/utils/bi/bi_compiler.py", line 157, in prepare_for_compilation
    self._bi_structure_fetcher.update_data(online_sites)
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/utils/bi/bi_data_fetcher.py", line 98, in update_data
    self._fetch_missing_data(missing_program_starts)
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/utils/bi/bi_data_fetcher.py", line 121, in _fetch_missing_data
    services = {
  File "/omd/sites/monitor/lib/python3/cmk/utils/bi/bi_data_fetcher.py", line 122, in <dictcomp>
    description: (set(tags), labels)

these additional infos:

Looks like a problem with your BI rules.
Can you open the config menu and there the BI section?

1 Like

Awesome thanks… i had some BI Stuff set up for testing purposes.
I deleted them… and it then started working as expected without the error.

Here are my rules i deleted:

Just very basic (and probably not helpful stuff )

1 Like

Here the aggregation for reference:

If the rules where not important than the deletion is the safest way :smiley:

I’m having same problem after update from 1.6.0p22.
I have a couple of aggragations with a lot of rules.

Here the crash report

How can I find wich rule is responsible of this crash?

UPDATE! I found my problem!
In version 1.6.0p22 I integrated a Nagios (standalone) server by livestatus
The Nagios server is CentOs 7.9 and livestatus is: check-mk-livestatus-1.4.0p31-2.el7.x86_64
Unfortunatly this gimmick doesn’t work anymore, probably due to livestatus version.
I’ll try to compile the last one.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.