Is there a way to contribute local checks?

I just wanted to ask if there is an official way to contribute your own scripts like “local checks” to the official repository.
I didn’t want to build an MKP package out of it.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Sascha

Why not? Also for local checks you need to configure a rule if it should be deployed with the agent bakery. I have also some local checks with config files that are generated with the help of the agent bakery and some rules.

Because I have some respect for that.

But you grow with your tasks, then I’ll take it easy on myself and see if I can do it.
I was also not aware that “local checks” can also be provided as MKP.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Easy way to package your local checks (if you are not an enterprise user) is the free edition. There you can use the “Extension package” system and build the mkp without any command line.

I’m actually not an enterprise user, but maybe in short I am.

So I need to build the package from the cli with “mkp” if I see it right. I don’t have the “Extenstion package” available on my installation. correct?

You should use a single VM or like i do it with an Docker container. Inside the container is running a free edition image. The free edition also has the gui feature to build the mkp.

thats a brilliant idea :slight_smile:

On the other hand, why make it extra hard for CRE users to contribute to CheckMK? For some other features I can see the logic of only providing them in the enterprise edition. But having this in CRE would make life of people willing to contribute to CheckMK exchange a lot easier.

1 Like

I can also agree with the question. I was hoping that it would be as easy as with Nagios Exchange, where scripts can also be uploaded without first creating a package.