Issue with Windows monitoring

Hello
I would like to monitor one VM from Windows Side.
So i Installed agent on it and I did registration by command cmk-agent-ctl
But I have this error

[agent] Success, [special_vsphere] Agent exited with code 1: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.1.1', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /sdk (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f0d2e5a2700>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused'))CRIT, [piggyback] Source 'esxiccccc' not sending piggyback data, execution time 9.7 sec

Could You please give me a hint what i can set / do to solve this issue ??

Thank You very much.

Hi,

it looks that you have configured a rule to get infos about your vSphere environment with the special agent vSphere but the configured rule is also matching the windows host, where you want to get the checkmk agent data.
Take a look at that rule " Setup - Agents - VM, Cloud, Container - VMWare ESX via vSphere" and fix it to only match your vCenter and/or ESXi Hosts, depending on what you are trying to achieve.

hello,
yes, i have rule to get data from esx host

|vSphere User name: |esxiRO|
|---|---|
|vSphere secret: |Explicit, ******|
|Type of query: |Queried host is a host system|
|SSL certificate checking: ||
|Retrieve information about...: |Host Systems, Virtual Machines, Datastores, Performance Counters|
|Placeholder VMs: |monitor|
|Display ESX Host power state on: |The ESX Host|
|VM snapshot summary: |on|
|Spaces in hostnames: |Replace with underscores|

I don;t know which option should i change…

Thanks

This often means that firewall on client is stopping the traffic from checkmk monitoring server. Default port 6556 should be open.

it is not the rule itself you have to change, it’s the conditions at the bottom. You don’t want the vSphere rule to apply to all hosts, only your ESX hosts.
You can match them either by a tag, or explicit hostnames in the “Conditions” section at the bottom of the rule dialog :slight_smile:

hello
Thank You gstolz :slight_smile:
I added condition in the rule that only my esx hosts should us this rule , and now is OK, all services on my WinHost are green :slight_smile:

Thank You

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.