Issues ajusting hdd temperature thresholds

CMK version:
2.2.0p17
OS version:
Debian 12.5

issue
I changed the hdd temperature threshold for the disks, but they do not get applied:

what is wrong with my configuration?

Hello Stefan,
Does the service name also start with WDC or is there something else in front of it? Sometimes it is prefixed with Temperature, HDD, Sensor or something similar.

Otherwise try it with .*WDC.*

Kind regards.

Service name is ā€œDISK: sdaā€ for example, but there is a sensor-ID mentioned not a service. As I read on internet the sensor should start with WDC.* or ST.* or similar. tried it with ā€œ.WDC.ā€ but no luck.

WDC.* is mentioned in the output of the service, so this should be alright, but isnā€™nt.

What you enter in the ruleset in ā€˜Sensor IDā€™ must be part of the service name. This has nothing to do with the internal name of the Sensor.
The rule matches the service name, in this case the sensor ID should be part of it.
But ā€œDISK: sdaā€ doesnā€™t sound like a temperature checkā€¦
Perhaps the temperature is only additional information here, but not configurable in the rule.

For example, for a PaloAlto, the services for temperatures look like this:
grafik

The rule looks like this:

Another way to create the rule for your service:
Go to ā€œParameter for this serviceā€ via the menu on the service
grafik

Then you can already see if there are suitable rules:

Click on ā€œTemperatureā€ and then at the top on ā€œAdd rule for current hosts and sensor idā€.

You will then see in the ruleset what needs to be entered for this explicit sensor ID. You can then expand the value with a RegEx expression for multiple sensors.

1 Like

thanks for the help @MarcS, probably disk temperature is a status from smart-check of disk ?

That may be.
Unfortunately, I donā€™t know which check applies to your hard disk and how it is built up, so I canā€™t say where the temperature comes from and how it is taken into consideration in this check.
If you cannot enter any temperature values as threshold values via the ā€œparamter for this serviceā€ method, the value may only serve as information.

Is a temperature currently displayed for the disk at all?
Or have you tried to get the temperature into the check via the Rulest? Unfortunately, that wonā€™t work this way.

If you make a discovery on the hosts and let show the plugin names (Display > Show plug in name), which name is displayed there?

Found it, itā€™s the smart-plugin that sends temperature status. but there are no options to configure smart temeperatures in checkmk if i am correct.

If you go the ā€œParameters of this serviceā€ way, Marc suggested, you should see, which rule set configures this service. Worst case, it is not configurable. But I would at least check.