It is not possible to send notifications to Jira.

CMK version: Checkmk Enterprise Edition 2.3.0p9
OS version: Debian 11

Error message: Unable to create issue, Jira response code 400

I am trying to connect our Jira IT Service Management (Atlassian Cloud) with Checkmk. I would like to use the Jira Notification Plugin “jira_issues” for this. For the configuration I followed this article Notifications via Jira. Unfortunately, I am not able to successfully send notifications to Jira. I get a very general error message (400) without further details. How can I troubleshoot jira_issues? I was able to create a custom script that creates tickets in Jira from the Checkmk server with identical data (URL, users, IDs, custom fields) via the API. But it would be nice to use the function provided by Checkmk.

Looks like you are using Jira cloud (based on URL)

Have you followed the API steps in the same guide you linked to? I also assume Checkmk server have direct access to this Jira?

Thank you for your reply. Yes, that is correct, we use Jira Cloud. For authentication I use an API token that I entered in the password field. This is not described in detail in the article, but I hope it is correct. In the script described in point 1.2, the user password is also replaced by the API token. I was able to run the script successfully via the Checkmk server. From this I conclude that I should have a connection to the Jira Cloud and that the API user is OK.

Unfortunately, I am not making any progress with this issue :exploding_head:. Is there a way to evaluate the API call from Checkmk for troubleshooting, e.g. to write it to a log file? Jira only returns an unspecific error code 400. With a custom API call via script with identical user data and IDs, a issue can be successfully created in Jira.
I also tried to use custom fields of field type text instead of number (because a number makes no sense to me here). But that doesn’t work either. Does anyone have a suggestion that could help me?