Kubernetes Agent - Cannot convert string to float 10Mi on Kubernetes 1.15.12

Anyone using Kubernetes 1.15.12 and able to get it integrated with CheckMK 2? I was able to integrate one of my Kubernetes 1.15.12 cluster into CheckMK, but the other Kubernetes 1.15.12 that I have are running some Statefulset/Deployment that sets memory request in the form of 10Mi. Looks like the Kubernetes Agent is not able to parse this value. I’m seeing the error:

Agent exited with code 1: could not convert string to float: ‘10Mi’

If I change my memory request to the form of 10485760 instead, looks like the Agent is able to parse it and finish the service discovery.

Any reason why the Kubernetes Agent is not willing to parse ‘10Mi’ or is it a bug?

What do you mean by this?

I have a Kubernetes 1.17 and 1.18 being monitored perfectly fine using Checkmk 2.0.0p3

So if you have any Statefulset or Deployment that utilizes resource requests in the containers definition, you would see this issue.

For example, the below definition will get that error:

containers:
  - resources:
       requests:
         cpu: 100m
         memory: 10Mi

Now if I change the resources request to just a byte number representation everything works fine.

containers:
  - resources:
       requests:
         cpu: 100m
         memory: 10485760

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.